Sunday, June 5, 2011

Why Hello There

So I have been mysteriously silent as of late, I'm sure it is not mysterious to my few subscribers but I have been in Ghana for almost a month now, flying out this Friday. I have a lot written in my other blog, Not a Safari, and I have basically been updating that instead of this. I have been pretty busy with outreaches and such, and have had limited or no internet capability since I have arrived.
a monkey at the monkey sanctuary
a hibiscus flower from a bush at the royal hotel, where we stayed for outreach with Northwestern
the stage where we had money thrown at us, the cultural center in Kumasi
a butterfly I freed using Cal's hat at Kate Memorial Hotel

waterfall, obviously

A tree at outreach where I did visual acuity outside because I forgot my survey
 


It has been a lot of fun so far, totally insane and incredibly interesting.  Given the choice I would probably not stay as long as I have, and I am really excited to go home. It can be immensely satisfying and rewarding to work at outreach, but sometimes the alien environment, these people I don't really know and, even the trees are so very different; I am sometimes overwhelmed by homesickness and a longing to be back amongst friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment